Hope Cove Life Boat covers all of Bigbury Bay and is sustained only by its supporters. Your donations and activities provide equipment, training and support that enable us to save lives while minimizing the inherent risks that our crew faces in putting to sea to help and to save others. Below are some easy ways to support the Hope Cove Life Boat.
Single / lump sum donations
– Single donations to date have ranged from £5 to £10,000 (the records are there to be beaten). Donations are welcome from individuals, families or companies. Those from individuals can be increased at no cost through Gift Aid . To donate please use JustGiving by clicking on the button below.
Give As You Shop
Help Hope Cove Life Boat. Just by shopping online. Shop with your favourite stores and even buy train tickets and they’ll donate to Hope Cove Life Boat – all without charging you a penny more. From Amazon to Expedia, you can compare thousands of products and brands that will all raise money for us and get the best deal online at the same time.
Get started raising money for Hope Cove Life Boat today.
So, next time you go to shop online, please start by clicking on the logo below, and give to us at the same time.
For more details see here:
Fifty Fifty Club
– Your regular £5 / month donation joins the 50 : 50 pot. Every month half of the pot is shared between 12 winners. Giving can mean receiving too! To learn more and download the 50/50 form please click here
12 Winners of the July 2019 Draw
|1||£60||Tom Bowden of London|
|2||£60||LIz & Paul Burry of Hope Cove|
|3||£60||Steve Rutherford of Stafford|
|4||£60||David Barbosa of Wendover|
|5||£60||Sarah Ireland of Hope Cove|
|6||£60||Robert Banbury of Cheltenham|
|7||£60||Christopher Murphy of London|
|8||£60||Steve Graham of Butlers Cross|
|9||£60||William Awdry of London|
|10||£60||Dave Hawkins of Henley on Thames|
|11||£60||Joe Baguley of Marlow|
|12||£60||David Hopkins of Warwick|
Could all 50:50 club members please ensure that the administrator, Richard Colling, has your email address, if you have one, to ensure that you are kept up to date about the winners, the next draw dates and locations, and other news.Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The next draw will be part of the Hope Cove Weekend, it will be on the stage at 3pm on Monday 26th August.
– A legacy left in your Will to the Hope Cove Life Boat is deductible from the taxable element of your estate. With inheritance tax otherwise payable at 40% on sums above the inheritance tax band, including us in your Will costs your estate just 60% of what you leave us. For more details please download this form here or contact us.
Gift Aid / Charitable Status
– As a registered charity (number 1140126) we can reclaim from the government the basic rate tax that you have paid on the money that you gift to us. It costs you nothing but it increases what you give to us. If you pay tax above the basic rate then your higher (or additional) rate tax is set off against what you would otherwise have paid in higher taxes. So you pay less tax and we reclaim the part you paid at the basic rate. All this is possible by completing a gift aid form and supplying it to us. For more detail click here
Clothing and accessories
– Our supporters don’t have to remain anonymous. Wear our name with pride knowing that all of the profits from our clothing go towards saving lives in Bigbury Bay. These can be purchased from the Hope and Anchor pub in the village and at various events we support throughout the year.